Mausoleum of Pototsky counts - v. Nemiroff

The mausoleum is located in the big park of deserted sanatorium on the place of Podolsk voivode Sveikovsky manor closer to the village Pechera. The park was founded in 1682, the mausoleum-tomb of counts Pototskys-Sveikovskys (1904), was constructed in Neoromance style under V.Gorodetsky's project, which poses an impressive and graceful building in the form of the church.

Gorodetsky masterfully combined architectural styles of the past with the newest materials. Much was carried from abroad. The first class tile, multi-coloured glass blocks "Falkonier", heavy doors on the stylised loops, even nails head were figured. The familiar feature of Gorodetsky's Kiev works - both stone and concrete details, processed by the cutter of sculptor Elia Sal or his pupils. And still the attentive visitor will find out a small Gorodetsky's "autograph" in the decor - cement gargoyle.

The mausoleum in Pechera - is one of the best creations of Gorodetsky. During Soviet time there was a club, and now the mausoleum is used as a church.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Other interesting places

Pyatnitskaya Church - Chernihiv

Pyatnitskaya church - is the monument of architecture of the end of XII century. It is harmonous tower-shaped construction, located on the territory of pre...


Literary-memorial museum of Marko Cheremshyna - c.Snyatyn

On July 17th, 1949 in the house of well-known and talented writer Marko Cheremshyna the literary-memorial museum was opened. From the moment of its opening...


The Black Tomb - Chernihiv

The majestic embankment of the barrow «the Black tomb» is located in Chernigiv near to the Yelets monastery. It is one of the greatest remained Old Russian...


Read also