Pototski Palace - Lviv

Pototski Palace was built in 1880 by the French architect Ludwig de Verney, with the participation of Lviv architect Yuhnan Cybulski in place a small estate, also owned by Pototski.

At that time in Europe was widespread fashion for French architecture, the palaces like Pototski was built from Portugal to the Urals. Themselves Pototskis had outside Lviv many different houses and estates, with its palaces, parks and lakes. Therefore Lviv Palace was built as a palace for receptions and important meetings.

The territory on which decided to build a palace, is the best suited for this purpose. Even after much of the land was sold by Pototskis for urban housing development, its size is impressive.

Initially, there was a large park. In the late XIX early XX centuries the Pototski Palace was surrounded by a number of multi-storey buildings that are usually out front facade to the street, and back toward the palace.

For the receptions at the Pototski Palace was provided everything: facilities for the entrance of the carriage, meetings and receptions, room for clothes, numerous lounges. The total area of ​​the palace is 3100 square meters. The ground floor is 900 square meters; the first floor designed for receptions is 800 square meters.

Pototski Palace was out of luck in 1920, when, during one of the celebrations on its roof crashed a military plane. Its crash caused a fire, which brought great destruction on the roof, made of very rare material - a shale slate. The roof was repaired, but some other material used changed the look of the building.

Location in the city center and the internal architecture of the Pototski Palace proved to be convenient for the Wedding Palace too, located here from 1972.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Other interesting places

Monastic Island - Dnepropetrovsk

Monastic island (documentary the name is known from XVII century, in XIX century it was Burakovsky, Bogomolovsky, since 1926 - Komsomolsky) - the island on...


Sidorov’s castle - Sidorov

Sidorov’s castle stands on a hill on the border with the Khmelnytsky region, washed by the river on three sides. The castle was built in the 1640s by the f...


Church of the Resurrection - Sumy

Church of the Resurrection is located in the center of Sumy and is the oldest stone structure of the city. The church stands on a small hill in the descent...


Read also